This morning I received a call from Mike at BizFit Personal Training. Donna and I are no longer welcome to teach classes there. He thanked us for our efforts but felt that with the increase in clientele that he needed to be there more often.
To put that in perspective, Donna and I taught 5 of the 28 classes currently on offer.
We have had some issues in the last few weeks with the number of new clients in class. Not the numbers themselves but the lack of basic CrossFit knowledge that they possess. It has reinforced for us the value and absolute necessity for elements classes that cover the 9 foundational movements and some of the secondary ones. These classes are not a formal part of the BizFit system.
There has also been the issue of clients regularly coming in late and disrupting classes. Apparently some people have a hard time coping with being chastised and singled out. Obviously they think they are more important than anyone else in the class including the coach.
So just prior to us heading to NZ, we are told that our services are no longer required.
What does this mean? Several things actually:
- We will continue to train CrossFit, whenever and wherever we can.
- On our return from NZ we will be working on converting the garage and sun porch into a CrossFit box, aiming for a grand opening WOD on April 1st.
- We will continue to workout as we have before as I still intend to compete at the North East Qualifier in May, I think recent events add a bit more motivation to do well.
- We will treat this as an opportunity not a setback
- We will go to NZ, have a good break and come back fired up
3, 2, 1 GO.............................
Dec 11 – Barbell Complex Monday
21 hours ago