Sunday, January 18, 2009

O Lifting, Ice and Kinky Boots...............

This morning I taught a Basic Barbell Skills Session at BizFit, nice work by all the ladies there. Just bear in mind that when someone offers you a choice of lower weight dumbells when doing a dumbell press 30/30, choose the lower weight.

Later Donna and I headed in for our Performance Menu Olympic Weightlifting workout.

Snatch - 90% x 1 x 2
Matt 145# Donna 50#

Clean & jerk - 90% x 1 x 2
Matt 185# Donna 85#

I need to work on driving that front foot out!

Front squat - 90% x 2 x 2
Matt 270# Donna 115#


Ab work of choice - GHD Situps 3 x 15

Then it was home to get out of the cold and apply some ice to our aching shoulders - frozen peas work as well as ice packs. We sat down to watch the movie "Kinky Boots" and can highly recommend it. Provided you have a sense of humor and are secure in your masculinity. We both found it very funny. It features songs by Kirsty MacColl, thanks to my sister for introducing me to her music before I left NZ.

No comments: