Friday, January 16, 2009

Filthy 50

Donna had a well deserved rest day but still managed to teach a Spin class at the Y.

I decided to give the Filthy 50 a crack at the class Donna taught at BizFit.

The 50 is a classic CrossFit WOD. 10 exercises, 50 reps of each, this is a long nasty grinder of a workout.

For time:

50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood (16kg)
Walking Lunge, 50 steps

50 Knees to elbows

50 Push press, 45 pounds - my final exercise, these were fast but not pretty.
50 Back extensions - I started the WOD here.
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball 10 foot line
50 Burpees

50 Double unders - I subbed 200 single unders so I can't claim this one as Rx (Prescribed)
If you notice how far out my hands are from my body you will see why I need to practice this skill.
Matt: 27:07

Great work by everyone there tonight, this workout tests your determination to finish and you guys gave it your all.

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and
you will help them become what they are capable of becoming.
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

No comments: