Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Some days you win, others.............

So yesterdays Catalyst workout had the following note attached:
"If your best snatch is limited greatly by technique and the deadlift is consequently very light, up the weight appropriately, but remember, the snatch deadlift must be pulled exactly like the snatch - if you're leading with the hips, rounding the back, or similar, you need to drop the weight. There's no point in doing strength work in the wrong position."
So I should have followed that advice, but I failed to take into account the fatigue from the Max Lift Day on Saturday.

The workout was:
Back squat - 83% x 3 x 5
Snatch deadlift - 110% (of snatch) x 3 x 3
Push press - 80% x 5 x 5
Pull-ups - 3 x max
Weighted GHD sit-ups - 3 x 10
GHD russian twists - 3 x 30

I made it as far as the Snatch Deadlift. After what seemed a very heavy set of Back Squats, my quads were on fire. The 1st set went well, but by the 3rd rep of the 2nd set I was in trouble. I rounded my lowerback and when you do that with 205# on the bar it is bad, bad news.

So now after some ibuprofen and ice I am feeling a little better. Lessons learnt; make sure you recover fully, lower the weight following big lift days and stretch!


Kiwi making sure she stretches her tongue post workout!

No comments: