Monday, October 6, 2008

Programs and more biking video

So I started playing with my video software last night. George Lucas I am not but at least I can edit stuff now.


As far as workout programs go, I am starting on week 8 of the Catalyst program http://www.performancemenu.com. Donna has decided to start on some of the basic barbell strength programming we learnt last weekend (this link is to Mark Rippitoes forum on strengthmill.com http://www.strengthmill.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36 ).

Basically Donna's program looks like this :
Day 1
Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift or Power Clean
Day 2
Squat
Press
Chin Ups or Back Extension
Each exercise uses 2 warm up sets of 5 reps then a further 3 warm up sets before doing 3 sets of 5 using a working weight. There are some slight variations for Deadlifts and Power Cleans but that is the general outline.

My Friday workout
Power snatch - 80% x 1 x 3 125#
Power clean & jerk - 80% x 1 x 3 155#
Metcon, 3 rounds for time of: 9:11
400 m row
10 box jumps - mid-thigh+ 34"
20 AbMat sit-ups

No comments: