Sunday, November 1, 2009

Damn Kilograms!

We are a day behind on MaD CrossFit so today we hit the CrossFit Total. We are still struggling to adjust to using Kilogram plates, the calculator got used a lot.

Squat!
Matt: 130kg/286lbs
Donna: 70kg/154lbs

Press!
Matt: 65kg/143lbs
Donna: 35kg/77lbs

Deadlift!
Matt: 160kgs/362lbs
Donna: 90/198lbs

TOTAL!
Matt: 355kg/781lbs
Donna: 195kgs/429lbs

We both went light today as we have not been hitting workouts on a regular basis. Still not a terrible effort. So with that out of the way we hit a met con that we will be using with our on ramp program.
For Time:
Run 200m
15-12-9
Squat
Push Ups
Body Rows ( subbed with Pull Ups)
Run 200m

Matt: 5:07
Donna: 6:44

Then home to break in the new lawn mower!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I put a cheat sheet (thank you, Excel) next to the squat rack to help with my kg --> lb conversions. LOL. -- philip

Anonymous said...

i, too, hate the pesky metric system; whats up with being logical and transparent? ;)

yeah for having your box squared away. return of the regular wod!

kisses,
gunzelle

Donna-MaD Crossfit said...

I'll need a cheat sheet for awhile. Yes yeah for regular wods, I feel like a slug, but not for long!

AnthonyWhite said...

Don't know if this will help, but...
the conversion kg to lb is near enough kg x 2.2.

the quickest way is to double it, then add ten percent.

So: 100kg to lbs

100 x 2 = 200
200 + 10% = 200 + 20
=220lb

Of course 100 is an easy example.

43kg is a useful one that isn't a round number.

43 x 2 = 86
86 + 10% = 86 + 8.6
= 94.6lb

Anyway, works for me, saves taking a calculator to the gym.

Incidentally, looking forward to you guys opening. I'm in Wellington, and hanging out to have someone who can help with my crossfit.

regards,
Anthony White

Donna-MaD Crossfit said...

@Anthony-my friend Ve told me about that one, just wish I could do it quicker in my head...then I doubt the number I come up with and double check with a calculator. I'll get it. See you Saturday.